Powered By Blogger

2010. április 1., csütörtök

Walking on the road to Jerusalem


This is the first line of the song without I have no Holy week. I heard it first before I became Christian. I used to go just for fun to a bible study only to practice my English. One of the people who led it was my former English teacher. As one of the exercises we had to listen to this song (the writer & singer is Ray Boltz...) and fill out on a sheet of paper the missing words. I had no clue at that time that I miss more in my life than those missing words. About a year later I started to walk my life with my Master and fill my life with his gifts, but most of all with his presence. Since than I try to follow Him and since than this song follows me.Since than I can say I really live.

This song tells a story of a Jewish father who is going with his kids to the biggest festival, a real fiesta of the time to Jerusalem-to celebrate Pesach (passover). To the Holy city, where all who believe in Jahve longs to enter. To the place, to the centre where Adonaj is so present as nowhere else on this Earth. They are planning this trip since the last time they left Jerusalem and they prepare for the long journey and for the big fiest. They put the clean clothes and scraves into their bag, food and water of course and cups to drink. They brought as the most important element of their coming the lamb. The little, young lamb that became their gift to God for themselves, for their sins. They are entering those gates to meet the long ago seen friends and relatives.Hugs, songs, dance, laughter and something else is filling the air. It is full of energy: maybe the presence of the Most High.It felt as if they would have arrived to the very heart of this world.The crowed is pulsing and centered around the temple,walking in waves in one rhythm. But they experience something different this time. This is not what they have expected: Just listen to the story (song below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5H6tv4IUss&feature=related

I don't understand God why this was the only way to make us free. If I were God I would pick another way. But I am not God and if God picked this way it meant this was the only way to save us. He does not like death. He does not like pain. He does not like suffering. These are the things which won't be in heaven (Revelations) If he let Jesus die and have this kind of death it means there was no other way. Why? I have no clue. It will be among those questions which are on my list and will be asked when I get to heaven.
Until that time let us accept what God has done for us and thank him that he did not say finally: sorry it is too much for saving me and you or it is not worth it.

May this Holy week and Easter come to you by fulfilling your life with the most precious gift of all: God, Our Master,the Lamb.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: