Powered By Blogger

2011. június 9., csütörtök

Enough



Enough-the feeling which I had halfway to my New Testament field exam. I was tired, I didn't have the proper backgroud, I didn't have enough time to get through the whole material and I just wanted to give it up and go to sleep. I tried to resist the temptation so after a deep breath I continued the greek exegesis:

καὶ εἴρηκεν μοι· ἀρκεῖ σοι χάρις μου, γὰρ δύναμις ἐν ἀσθενείᾳ τελεῖται
And he said unto me My grace is sufficient for thee for my strength is made perfect in weakness

ἀρκεῖ
to assist, suffice, enough
Original Word: ἀρκέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: arkeó
Phonetic Spelling: (ar-keh'-o)
Short Definition: I am sufficient, I suffice, am content, satisfied
Definition: I keep off, assist; I suffice; pass: I am satisfied.

For me the word "enough" meant that I gave up, I was about to finish something. In God's vocabulary theword "enough" meant/means taking a deep breath and continue in another way. With him.
I can put all my wisdom and strenght together and fail. I can make just a little effort , to add what I have and God will work it out.
At that moment I felt relieved (not totally out of stress) and I said my usual pre-exam prayer: Lord, I don't ask you to make a miracle, just to bless the effort I made.

ἀρκέω - save it to your vocabulary.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: