Powered By Blogger

2011. február 20., vasárnap

English lessons for English speakers Lecture No 2.

Yesterday we had evensong (evening devotion) with Alex, who is an Anglican Priest . We took turns in readings and I got the New Testament reading, which was about Paul`s journey on the ship to Rome. (Acts chapter 27). The story is about Paul being captured and being on his way (by ship) to Rome to be judged by the emperor. They were in a storm and the sailors tried to figure out what they should do to survive. On the boat there were roman sailors, Paul and some other Christians and prisoners.
It turned out this way:

"The soldiers thought that they have better kill the parishoners for fear..."

Ok, I will be a pastor soon. I promise I won`t kill my parishoners :-). At least that`s my plan.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: